- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach
- 1/4 teaspoon Sea salt
- 8 large mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- In a medium saucepan, bring 1/2 cup water to a boil.
- Add the spinach and salt.
- Cover, and cook according to package directions.
- Wash the mushrooms.
- Remove the stems, trim off the ends, then chop the stems.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet.
- Add the chopped mushroom stems.
- Saute until golden, about 3 minutes.
- Remove from the pan.
- Add the mushroom caps to the skillet and saute for 4-5 minutes.
- Remove the mushroom caps to a heatproof serving platter.
- Drain the spinach. Stir in the sauteed chopped mushrooms.
- Spoon the spinach mixture into the caps and serve immediately or place in the oven on low heat to keep warm.
NUTRITION AT A GLANCE
Per serving: 33 calories, 2 g protein, 3 g carbohydrates, 2 g fat, 0 g saturated fats, 74 mg sodium, 0 mg cholesterol, 2g fiber