- 1/2 pound tiny green beans
- 1/2 pound tiny ripe tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and cut into strips
- 1 English cucumber, cut into thick strips
- 2 ounces canned anchovies, drained
- 1/2 cup pitted black olives
- 7 ounces water-packed canned tuna, drained and flaked
- 1/2 cup sliced water chestnuts
- 4 hard-cooked eggs, quartered
- 5 tablespoons extra-virgin olive
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Pinch salt
- Pinch freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- Blanch the beans briefly until tender-crisp and refresh in cold running wanter. Pat dry.
- Mix the tomatoes, pepper, and cucumber in a large salad bowl (or place in separate piles around the inside of the bowl. Arrange the anchovies, olive, tuna, water chestnuts, and eggs over the top.
- Make a dressing by vigorously mixing the oil, vinegar, and garlic with the salt and pepper.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and sprinkle with the parsley.
NUTRITION AT A GLANCE
Per serving: 405 calories, 26 g protein, 14 g carbohydrates, 27 g fat, 5 g saturated fats, 1010 mg sodium, 240 mg cholesterol, 4 g fiber