- 1 pound salmon
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Pinch freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons fresh rosemary leaves, chopped, or 1 teaspoon dried, crushed
- Fresh rosemary sprigs (optional)
- Capers (optional)
- Cut the fist into 4 equal-size portions.
- Combine the olive oil, lemon juice, salt, pepper, garlic, and rosemary in a bowl.
- Brush the mixture onto the fish.
- To grill, arrange the fish on a grill rack or use a grill basket sprayed with olive oil cooking spray.
- Grill over medium-hot coals until the fish flakes easily (allow 4-6 minutes per 1/2″ of thickness).
- If the fish is more than 1″ thick, gently turn it halfway through grilling.
- To broil, spray the rack of a broiler pan with olive oil cooking spray and arrange the fish on it.
- Broil 4″ from the heat for 4-6 minutes per 1/2″ of thickness. If the fish is more than 1″ thick, gently turn it halfway through broiling.
- To serve, top the fish with capers, if using, and garnish with rosemary sprigs, if desired.
NUTRITION AT A GLANCE
Per serving: 231 calories, 23 g protein, 1 g carbohydrates, 15 g fat, 3 g saturated fats, 213 mg sodium, 67 mg cholesterol, 0 g fiber