- 8 leaves romaine lettuce, torn into bite-size pieces
- 1 cucumber, peeled, seeded, and sliced
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1/2 cup sliced red onion
- 1/2 cup crumbled reduced-fat feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Combine the lettuce, cucumber, tomato, onion, and cheese in a large bowl.
- Whisk together the oil, lemon juice, oregano, and salt in a small bowl.
- Pour over the lettuce mixture and toss until coated.
This makes a nice accompaniment as a die salad for grilled chicken or fish.
NUTRITION AT A GLANCE
Per serving: 501 calories, 22 g protein, 25 g carbohydrates, 38 g fat, 10 g saturated fats, 2300 mg sodium, 30 mg cholesterol, 6 g fiber
Greek salad w/out salt: 1134 mg sodium