- 3 1/2 pounds prime T-bone steak
- 1/3 cup minced fresh garlic
- 1 cup chopped parsley
- 1 cup chopped basil
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Pinch salt
- Pinch freshly ground black pepper
- Season the steak with the garlic, parsley, and basil.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Drizzle the steak with the olive oil and marinate for 24 hours.
- When ready to cook, heat the grill and cook the steak for 1 hour over medium heat, turning every 10 minutes.
- While grilling, preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- When the meat is ready, remove it from the grill and let it stand for 20 minutes.
- Roast the meat in the oven for 10-to-30 minutes, depending on how you like it.
- One hour on the rill and 10 minutes in the oven yields a medium-rare meat.
- A meat thermometer should register 145 degrees F for medium-rare.
- Slice the steak and drizzle it with some of the olive oil marinade (now at room temperature).
- From the Menu of TUSCAN STEAK
- 431 Washington Avenue, Miami Beach
- CHEF: Michael Wagner
NUTRITION AT A GLANCE
Per serving: 885 calories, 59 g protein, 5 g carbohydrates, 68 g fat, 13 g saturated fats, 170 mg sodium, 105 mg cholesterol, 1 g fiber