- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 pound fresh halibut, scrod, swordfish, salmon, or tuna steak, cut 1″ thick
- 1/2 large red onion, cut lengthwise into quarters
- 1/2 green bell pepper, cored, seeded, and cut into 4 wedges
- 1/2 red bell pepper, cored, seeded, and cut into 4 wedges
- 4 cheery tomatoes, stemmed
- Combine the oil, juice, and mustard in an 8″ x 8″ glass baking dish.
- Stir to blend.
- Cut the fish into sixteen 1″ cubes.
- Add in one layer to the marinade.
- Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for 5-10 minutes.
- Turn the fish cubes to coat evenly and chill 5 minutes longer.
- Preheat the broiler.
- Drain the fish cubes, reserving the marinade. Separate the onion layers slightly.
- Thread the fish and vegetables onto for skewers, alternating fish cubes with onions, peppers, and tomatoes.
- Brush the kabobs lightly with the reserved marinade.
- Place the skewers on a broiler pan and broil 4″ from the heat source, about 3 minutes.
- Turn the kabobs and brush again with the marinade.
- Broil 3-4 minutes longer or until the fish is no longer translucent and the vegetables are tender-crisp.
- Serve immediately.
NUTRITION AT A GLANCE
Per serving: 216 calories, 25 g protein, 6 g carbohydrates, 10 g fat, 1 g saturated fats, 158 mg sodium, 736 mg cholesterol, 1 g fiber