- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons water
- 3 stalks fresh asparagus
- 1/4 cup sliced white mushrooms
- 1/4 cup Soy Cheese
- Boil 1″ of water in a large skillet. Add the asparagus and cook, uncovered, just until tender-crisp.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs and water until the whites and the yolks are completely blended.
- Coat a 10″ nonstick skillet with cooking spray. Heat the skillet over medium-high heat until just hot enough to sizzle when a drop of water is added. Pour in the egg mixture. It should set immediately.
- With an inverted pancake turner, lift the edges as the mixture begins to set to allow the uncooked portion to flow underneath.
- When the top is set, fill one half of the omelet with the asparagus, mushrooms, and cheese.
- With the pancake turner, fold the omelet in half over the filling. Slide onto a serving plate. Serve immediately.
NUTRITION AT A GLANCE
Per serving: 238 calories, 21 g protein, g carbohydrates, 15 g fat, 6 g saturated fats, 260 mg sodium, 440 mg cholesterol, 1 g fiber