- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon red-pepper flakes
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 1 1/2 pounds large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped garlic
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 medium onion, sliced
- 1 large head romaine lettuce
- 4 ripe tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 6 fresh mushrooms, sliced
- Fresh dill sprigs (optional)
To make the shrimp:
- Combine the wine, mustard seeds, pepper flakes, bay leaves, and lemon in a large saucepan.
- Add water to fill the pan two-thirds full.
- Bring to a boil over high heat.
- Add the shrimp, and cook for 3-4 minutes or until the shrimp have turned pink and are no longer translucent in the center.
- Drain and cool.
- Discard the bay leaves.
To make the herb-dill dressing:
- In a screw-top jar, mix the olive oil, red wine vinegar, water, basil, dill, garlic, mustard, and onion.
- Shake well.
- Place the shrimp in a large bowl and add the dressing.
- Toss well, cover, and refrigerate until well-chilled.
- Serve the shrimp mixture on romaine lettuce leaves and surround with the tomato wedges and mushroom slices.
- Garnish with dill sprigs, if using.
NUTRITION AT A GLANCE
Per serving: 382 calories, 38 g protein, 16 g carbohydrates, 14 g fat, 2 g saturated fats, 310 mg sodium, 260 mg cholesterol, 4 g fiber