- 1 tablespoon cracked black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 2 beef tenderloins, 1″ thick (4-6 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon Smart Beat spread
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup brandy or dry red wine
- Combine the pepper and the rosemary in a large bowl.
- Coat both sides of the steak with the mixture.
- Heat the Smart Beat and oil in a skillet until hot.
- Add the steaks and cook over medium to medium-high heat for 5-7 minutes or until a thermometer inserted in the center registers 160 degrees F (for medium).
- Remove the steaks from the skillet and cover to keep them warm.
- Add the brandy to the skillet and ring to a boil over high heat, scraping particles from the bottom of the skillet.
- Boil for about 1 minute or until the liquid is reduced by half.
- Spoon the sauce over the steaks.
NUTRITION AT A GLANCE
Per serving: 322 calories, 24 g protein, 3 g carbohydrates, 21 g fat, 6 g saturated fats, 55 mg sodium, 70 mg cholesterol, 1 g fiber