- 1/2 cup shelled pistachio nuts, finely ground
- 1/2 + 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon + 1 pinch finely ground black pepper
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup diced sweet white onion
- 1 head romaine lettuce
- 1 teaspoon grated sweet white onion
- 1 large ripe avocado, pitted and peeled
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon water
To make the salad:
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Mix the nuts in a pie plate with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper.
- Press the chicken into the nuts.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a skillet and cook the coated breasts, 2 minutes per side.
- Place the breasts in a baking dish and bake for 15 minutes or until a thermometer inserted in the thickest portion registers 160 degrees F and the juices run clear.
- Heat the remaining tablespoon of oil in a nonstick skillet over high heat.
- Add the diced onion, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and a pinch of pepper.
- Cook until the onion is browned.
- Line 4 serving plates wit lettuce.
- Slice the chicken breasts and arrange 1 breast on top of the lettuce on each plate.
- Serve with the dressing.
To make the dressing:
- Puree the onion, avocado, oil, lime juice, and water in a blender.
NUTRITION AT A GLANCE
Per serving: 481 calories, 33 g protein, 13 g carbohydrates, 34 g fat, 5 g saturated fats, 520 mg sodium, 70 mg cholesterol, 5 g fiber