- 4 cherry snapper (tilapia) fillets, medium dice
- 3 fresh limes, juice of
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili garlic paste (sambal oelek)
- 2 ripe Roma tomatoes, medium dice
- 1/2 yellow Spanish onion, medium dice
- 2 1/2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- Kosher Sea salt
- Black pepper
- Soak the diced fish in 3/4 of the lime juice for 3 hours.
- Drain off the liquid and discard.
- Mix the fish with the red chili garlic paste, tomatoes, onion, cilantro, and the remaining lime juice.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste
The fish is cooked by the limes’ acidity rather than by heat.
- From the Menu of Executive Chef: Roger Ruch
- AT THE TIDES/ 1220 Ocean Drive, Miami Beach
NUTRITION AT A GLANCE
Per serving: 225 calories, 36 g protein, 15 g carbohydrates, 2 g fat, 1 g saturated fats, 115 mg sodium, 63 mg cholesterol, 3 g fiber