- 1 flank steak ( 1 1/2 pounds)
- 1/2 cup tomato juice
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 small onion, finely chopped (1/4 cup)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon Sea salt
- Place the steak in a 13″ x 9″ glass baking dish.
- Combine the tomato juice, Worcestershire sauce, onion, lemon juice, garlic, pepper, and salt.
- Pour the mixture over the steak.
- Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours, turning once.
- Place the steak on the broiler rack and brush with the marinate.
- Broil 3″ from the heat for 5 minutes.
- Turn, brush with the marinade, and broil for 3 minutes or until a thermometer inserted in the center registers 145 degrees F (for medium-rare).
- To serve, cut diagonally across the grain into thin slices.
NUTRITION AT A GLANCE
Per serving: 265 calories, 29 g protein, 6 g carbohydrates, 13 g fat, 6 g saturated fats, 440 mg sodium, 70 mg cholesterol, 0 g fiber