- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh rosemary leaves, minced, or 1/2 teaspoon dried
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 4-6 tablespoons white wine (optional)
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- Rinse the chicken and pat dry.
- Combine the rosemary, garlic, pepper, and salt in a small bowl and mix well.
- Place the chicken in a large bowl.
- Drizzle with the oil, and rub with the spice mixture.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
- Spray a heavy roasting pan or iron skillet with cooking spray.
- Place the chicken in the pan and bake for 10 minutes.
- Turn the chicken over.
- If the drippings begin to stick to the pan, stir in 3-4 tablespoons water or white wine (if using).
- Bake about 10 minutes or until thermometer inserted in the thickest portion registers 160 degrees F and the juices run clear.
- If the pan is dry, stir in another 1-2 tablespoons of water or white wine to loosen the drippings.
- Drizzle the vinegar over the chicken in the pan.
- Transfer the chicken to plates. Stir the liquid in the pan and drizzle over the chicken.
NUTRITION AT A GLANCE
Per serving: 183 calories, 26 g protein, 4 g carbohydrates, 6 g fat, 1 g saturated fats, 270 mg sodium, 65 mg cholesterol, 0 g fiber